Top New Year’s Resolutions for eCommerce stores
It’s no secret 2020 was a challenging year for basically everyone, as we all struggled to stay afloat amidst global lockdowns. As a result, there is a great deal of optimism and excitement for 2021 and the opportunities it may bring. However, knowing what to prioritize for the year can be tricky to accomplish.
As a positive measure, we think eCommerce store owners (and regular citizens) should strive to create New Year’s resolutions for their businesses this year.
Creating a New Year’s Resolution
Try to ensure that you remain goal-oriented when crafting your New Year’s Resolutions. Make sure your goal is SMART or;
- Specific – I will gain 10 new customers
- Measurable – My business’ revenue will increase
- Achievable – Revenue will grow by 30% in the next three months
- Relevant – Web traffic to our store will increase by 10%
- Time-bound or time-related – We will expand our customer base by 100 by the end of the year.
Setting goals like these can help you direct your focus on meaningful work – even if you don’t meet all of your objectives.
Examples of New Year’s Resolutions for eCommerce stores
To inspire you to start preparing New Year’s Resolutions for your business, here are some ideas to steal!
- Gain more relevant web traffic to your store. Naturally, this goal will help with improving your overall sales.
- Expand your mailing list. It’s essential to spend time growing your customer base, regardless of how well your business is doing.
- Optimize your website. Things like site speed and mobile-friendliness are essential to get right.
- Work on your website’s SEO. SEO may seem like a neverending challenge, but putting in the time and effort will mean that more people will visit your website.
- Write a blog for content marketing. Content isn’t new and can be a great way to propel your business as a thought leader. Remember to share your content on social media, too.
- Try influencer marketing. Depending on your marketing budget, you may be able to spare some money to get an influencer involved with your brand. You will be able to gain access to the influencer’s audience by doing this.
- Improve your delivery time. It’s always smart to improve and manage customer expectations, including delivery times and estimates.
- Release a new product. If you feel bored or in need of a new challenge, try adding some new yet relevant products to your inventory.
- Improve your cart abandonment rate. Every eCommerce store faces the issue of abandoning customers. Make this your key goal for 2021 if it’s a large issue for you.
- Optimize your PPC ads. Are you doing enough with Google, Facebook and other channels? Whatever the case may be, try to nail your PPC strategy early in the year to ensure results.
Remember that this is just a list of potential ideas. Perhaps your goals are more ambitious than these, such as securing investment funding, selling in new countries, analyzing your competition or overhauling your business processes.
Regardless of the scale of your New Year’s Resolutions, remember that it’s okay if you miss the mark; the whole point of resolutions is to put in continuous work towards a larger goal!
No matter how last year was, it’s time for a fresh start right now. Starting fresh can allow you to implement positive changes within your business. Which ideas from our examples apply to your store? Let us know what works for you!
Good luck and have a great year ahead from ShoppingFeeder.