Getting Conversions on Instagram
We all know how it feels to gain web traffic without making sales. Getting Conversions on Instagram can be quite challenging.
It’s unfortunately true that customers will visit your website but leave without taking any action. Fear not, though, because there are some things you can do to improve your conversions.
Since there are many platforms to use for sales, we’re going to discuss everything about Instagram Conversions that you may need to know.
Why should I use Instagram for sales?
- Connect with a younger audience. If your product is best suited for individuals aged between 18-29 years old, Instagram could be your best solution. This younger generation is dominating the platform and much more comfortable with buying things online.
- Use visuals to connect with your audience. Instagram is primarily a visual platform, meaning that impressive visuals can directly lead to sales. Visuals can create a lot of room for creativity, including new ideas for photos, videos, stories, reels and more.
- Make personal connections with your customers. Instagram is one of the few platforms that lets potential customers feel connected to your brand in a more personal way. It’s worth using user-generated content to share your appreciation. You can also give your audience sneak peeks and behind the scenes insights into your business.
- Boost your brand awareness. The more times someone sees your brand on Instagram, the more likely they are to visit your page or even buy from you. Subtly pushing your brand is an excellent way to sell your products without being overly promotional.
- Sell to a large audience. Instagram has over one billion active users every month. What are you waiting for? Create your business profile and start selling to some of this customer base.
Tips for Getting Conversions on Instagram
Here are some top tips for improving your conversions when using Instagram for your online store:
Add a link to your bio.
You already know that your Instagram posts must have amazing images, but you will also need a caption that speaks to your audience members and leads them to take direct action. To increase conversions on Instagram, be very clear in your communications. Don’t be scared to tell people where to go and what to do next.
You may already know that Instagram doesn’t allow you links in posts, but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t include a call to action. Remember to add a link to your website in your Instagram bio and keep reminding people to visit your website by clicking on the link in your bio.
Run Retargeting Campaigns on Instagram.
If you aren’t running retargeting campaigns, you’re missing out on the chance to convert users who were interested and visited your website before without making a purchase.
By using Instagram retargeting, you’re able to ‘follow’ these users who have abandoned carts and show them targeted ads on Instagram to remind them of your store and convince them to give you another chance.
Using Instagram retargeting will ensure your stays fresh, and it also allows you to show highly-specific ads to users at certain times. You may be able to recover some of your abandoned carts through a Retargeting campaign.
Show off user-generated content.
Whether you choose to use influencers or customer posts and stories, using content created by others is a great way to show that you have social proof.
Whenever you share content from satisfied customers, other interested users will be more willing to purchase because they can see how others are using and enjoying your products.
Your customers will also appreciate being featured on your Instagram page. While influencers can be expensive, you have nothing to lose by using free user-generated content.
Highlight your products.
Indeed, people are often unsure when buying from a new online store. To build trust, you have to convince your audience that your product or service is worth buying.
You should create professional videos, photographs or gifs of your products or services to showcase your products better. These visuals can help to clear up any misunderstandings people might have about your products.
Similarly, your images must be of high quality whenever you post to Instagram and match your brand identity. Take note of the colour, image type, and overall image quality you are using. By showcasing your products in the best possible way, you will be more likely to convert.
Expand your Hashtags.
We all know about hashtags since they’re prevalent on most social media platforms. There’s no reason not to use hashtags to reach more viewers on Instagram.
By adding a few popular hashtags, your post will rank better in Instagram search results and engage more people.
Hashtags can be very beneficial, but they need to be chosen carefully. They should be in context and not number more than 5; the average amount is 3 per post. Using too many hashtags can look unprofessional.
Integrations for Instagram for Conversions
You can easily use Instagram with Facebook, and it’s advisable to create a business profile on Instagram.
There are many other integrations available for Instagram, such as social media scheduling, cross-posting to Facebook and even hashtag monitoring.
Contact ShoppingFeeder to learn more about placing ads on both Facebook and Instagram.
Learn more from ShoppingFeeder about Instagram
Read more about Instagram from ShoppingFeeder below:
Instagram is one of the most popular social media platforms in the world. If your product suits an audience aged 18-29, it could be the perfect platform to promote your business.
Even if your product isn’t a traditional fit for Instagram, you have nothing to lose. It’s free to set up an account and experiment with different kinds of posts that could boost your brand without using paid ads.